Child Access and Possession FAQs

Who Qualifies For Our Services?

To qualify for our services, the Harris County Family Courts must have the authority to decide your case.  You must have the correct address of the other parent.

How Long Will It Take?

All lawsuits have to comply with procedures set out by the Texas Family Code. Since each court has different docket schedules, it is not possible to give the date your lawsuit will be completed. If you are having a problem in one of the areas of family law handled by this Office, you should make an appointment now. More specific time frames can be given once we know the facts of your case, what type of legal action my be required, and what Court will be hearing your case.

What Will It Cost?

The Domestic Relations Office is a fee-for-service agency.  Since there are many types of lawsuits, all fees for services are discussed with the applicant during the interview.

How Do I Apply?

Complete the Application for Child Access and Possession Assistance on the Applications/Forms subtab.  You will be contacted for more information.

Do you modify possession and access (visitation) orders?

Only in conjunction with an enforcement action and when the parties agree to the modification.

Do you modify custody orders?


How do I obtain a copy of my Court Order?

Contact the Harris County District Clerk's Office at 713-755-5758.