The Harris County Domestic Relations Office exists to strengthen families and provides services to parties, parents, and children in the Harris County Family District Courts. All services are offered with a focus on the child's best interest, including:
- Children receive financial support from each parent.
- Children are afforded quality time, in a safe environment with their parents.
- Parents understand and keep children out of parental conflict.
- Parents are aware of the consequences of failing to follow court orders.
- Parents build new beginnings that strengthen and support their children after a divorce or separation.
- Parents discover that mediation is a preferred alternative to litigation.
- Children are adopted into forever homes that are safe, nurturing, and supportive.
- Parties realize increased access to justice in the Harris County Family Courts.
The Domestic Relations Office is a domestic violence-informed agency. If you are a victim or survivor of domestic violence, we have information to help you. The Domestic Relations Office does not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, or gender identity. Please click on our "links" pages or contact us for assistance.