The Harris County Domestic Relations Office provides services to families with cases in the Harris County Family District Courts. All services are offered with a focus on the child's best interest. The Office seeks to ensure that:
- Parents discover that mediation is a preferred alternative to litigation.
- Parents understand and keep children out of parental conflict
- Parents are aware of the consequences of failing to follow court orders.
- Children receive both emotional and financial support from each parent.
- Children are afforded quality time, in a safe environment with both parents.
- Children timely receive the financial support needed to grow up and thrive in life.
The Domestic Relations Office is a fee for service agency.