The Harris County Domestic Relations Office provides services to families with a case pending in the Harris County Family District Courts. All services are offered with a focus on the child's best interest. The Office seeks to ensure that:
- Parents discover that mediation is a preferred alternative to litigation.
- Parents understand and keep children out of parental conflict.
- Parents are aware of the consequences of failing to follow court orders.
- Children are afforded quality time, in a safe environment with both parents.
- Children timely receive the financial support needed to grow up and thrive in life.
While the DRO delivers mediations via ZOOM, we are routinely experiencing participation from venues that create barriers to commitment, comprehensiveness, good faith, and reliability. To secure agreements, parties should be present in settings that lend themselves to the mediation process.
Beginning December 1, 2022, attorneys and litigants must participate in the entire mediation session together from (1) their attorney's office or (2) the DRO mediation suite (1310 Prairie, Suite 720, Houston, Texas 77002). Self-represented litigants must participate in mediation from the DRO mediation suite. Failure to participate from one of these locations will result in the cancellation of the mediation session and a subsequent reset fee.
The Domestic Relations Office is a domestic violence-informed agency. If you are a victim or survivor of domestic violence, we have information to help you. The Domestic Relations Office does not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, or gender identity. Please click on our "links" pages or contact us for assistance.