The Harris County Domestic Relations Office provides services to families with cases in the Harris County Family District Courts. All services are offered with a focus on the child's best interest. The Office seeks to ensure that:
- Parents discover that mediation is a preferred alternative to litigation.
- Parents understand and keep children out of parental conflict
- Parents are aware of the consequences of failing to follow court orders.
- Children receive both emotional and financial support from each parent.
- Children are afforded quality time, in a safe environment with both parents.
- Children timely receive the financial support needed to grow up and thrive in life.
The Domestic Relations Office is a domestic violence-informed agency. If you are a victim or survivor of domestic violence, we have information to help you. Please click on our "links" pages or contact us for assistance.
The Office has modified the manner in which services are delivered to the public. Home visits for child custody and adoption cases, supervised visitation and court dockets are being conducted. However, all other services are being provided via online platforms or over the phone. This measure is in keeping with larger county efforts to slow the spread of Coronavirus (COVID-19) and will help to protect our customers and our staff.
The Visitation Center - Please visit The Visitation Center tab for updates on our supervised visitation program.
Mediations - Please visit the Mediation tab for updates on our mediation program.
Other services are provided by phone. Services can be applied for online or via telephone at the main number listed to the right of this notice. Please contact us for assistance. Please visit the tab with your specific service for additional information.