THE DRO WILL ONLY REVIEW UNCONTESTED CASES THAT ARE BEING FINALIZED BY AGREEMENT, WAIVER OR DEFAULT. BEFORE E-MAILING YOUR PAPERWORK, YOU MUST ENSURE THE FOLLOWING:
- That the other party has notice of the lawsuit; and
- The mandatory waiting period has passed for your type of suit.
WHEN YOU SEND IN YOUR FINAL ORDER, YOU MUST INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING:
- Final orders involving children generally must include conservatorship, rights & duties, possession/access, child support, medical support, and dental support language, unless they are a modification.
- Include a BVS Form (Austin form) a Record of Support Order Form if there is child support, and a copy of any Affidavit if required in your Court.
- If you are seeking a default judgement, include a signed Certificate of Last Known Address and a signed and notarized Military Status Affidavit.
- Send the documents - do not send pictures of the documents taken by a phone.
IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS THAT REQUIRE LEGAL ADVICE, CONSULT TEXASLAWHELP.ORG OR CONSULT WITH A PRIVATE ATTORNEY.