- The other party has received notice of the lawsuit; and
- The mandatory waiting period has passed for the type of suit filed.
EACH FINAL ORDER MUST BE ACCOMPANIED BY THE FOLLOWING:
- Final orders involving children generally must include conservatorship, rights & duties, possession/access, child support, medical support, and dental support language, unless they are a modification.
- Include a BVS Form (Austin form) a Record of Support Order Form if there is child support, and a copy of any Affidavit if required in your Court.
- If you are seeking a default judgment, include a signed Certificate of Last Known Address and a signed and notarized Military Status Affidavit.
- Send the documents - do not send pictures of the documents taken by phone.
If you need assistance locating forms, additional information can be found at Texas Law Help and Texas Legal Answers. You may calculate child support by utilizing the Attorney General Child Support Calculator.
IF YOU REQUIRE LEGAL ADVICE, YOU MUST CONSULT WITH A PRIVATE ATTORNEY.