The Domestic Relations Office’s Visitation Center provides a safe and comfortable environment for children to have access to their parents. In addition, the Center provides an opportunity to build or rebuild positive parental relationships by facilitating a conflict-free atmosphere for parenting time.
The Visitation Center's Location and Contact Numbers
Harris County Domestic Relations Office
1310 Prairie, Suite 1030
Houston, Texas 77002
The Visitation Center will provide one-hour visits for each family on at our administrative offices located at 1310 Prairie, Houston, Texas 77002. The center is open on the following dates in 2020: August 8th, August 22nd, September 5th, September 19th, October 3rd, October 17th, October 31st, November 7th, November 21st, December 5th, and December 19th. All families have an assigned time slot for the remainder of 2020. If you do not have a timeslot, contact the center to schedule your visit.
The following policies and procedures have been implemented to ensure your family's safety during each visit.
1. Visiting Parents should park at 1401 Congress and take a ticket. You will receive a voucher to pay for that ticket at the end of yoru visit. Visiting Parents must enter through the 511 Caroline Street entrance to be screened. They must arrive 30 minutes before their scheduled visit or the visit will be cancelled.
2. Custodial parents will park in the surface parking lot at 500 Austin Street and enter through a side door with their children.
3. All workers, parents and children will have their temperature taken and standard four COVID-19 questions asked before they are permitted to enter the building.
4. All individuals over the age of 10 will be required to wear masks throughout the visit. All workers will wear gloves throughout the visit.
5. Visits will not occur in a group setting, but each family will have their own room where the visit will occur.
6. Each family will have their own supervisor.
7. Each room will be sanitized before each visit.
8. The bathrooms will be cleaned frequently throughout the day.
9. Only one family will be allowed on the elevator with their supervisor at a time.
10. Social distancing will be observed.
11. No guests will be allowed.
12. The visiting parent may bring one toy that is small enough to hold in one hand and that is not placed in a bag.
13. Peace officers will be present at each entrance and on each floor.
14. Snacks, craft kits and drinks will be provided in each room.