If you have been found in contempt for violating an order, the court gave you a second chance by placing you on community supervision in lieu of incarceration. The Court hopes that you will take advantage of this second chance and get the assistance you need to comply with the court's order for child support or possession/parenting time.
Your order will have the length of community supervision in the attached terms and conditions. If you pay off all child support arrears, the Court may approve early termination.
You must report at a minimum each month to your officer. The officer will thoroughly review your case, assess your needs and refer you for life skills in the areas where you need assistance. You can expect swift court intervention if you fail to remain in compliance.
You will be assigned an officer who will encourage compliance and provide ongoing counseling. Ongoing assessment by the officer will ensure that appropriate life skill referrals are made to improve your life.
Those referrals include:
- education assistance;
- employment counseling;
- alcohol and substance abuse intervention;
- financial planning; and
- parenting classes.
The officer will recommend a motion to revoke and it is highly likely the judge will sign a warrant for your arrest. Once apprehended by law enforcement authorities, a hearing will then be held to determine if your community supervision should be revoked; which would make you subject to incarceration.
Your order directs where child support must be paid. Most orders direct that child support is paid to the:
Texas Child Support Disbursement Unit
P. O. Box 659791
San Antonio, Texas 78265-9791
1) Pay directly to the State Disbursement Unit (SDU) by mail- State Disbursement Unit, P.O. Box 659791, San Antonio, TX 78265-9791. Please ensure you include your name, 10 digit case number, and your cause number on your form of payment:
- personal check
- money order
- cashiers check
2) Pay by credit card online at www.tx.smartchildsupport.com or by phone 1-855-853-8286
3) Pay in person with cash:
- Money Gram locations including Walmart, CVS, and ACE Cash Express. Use receive code: 14681. Website to find locations: www.MoneyGram.com/locations);
- Fidelity XPressPay locations (to find nearest location call 1-800-621-8030, option 7020 or view www.fidelityexpress.com )
4) Pay by electronic bank draft. Website to set up account and register: www.tx.smartchildsupport.com
5) Pay by cash, credit card, or checking account using kiosks located within the Harris County Civil Courthouse (205 Caroline, Houston, TX 77002) and Harris County Juvenile Justice Center (1001 Preston, Houston, TX 77002)
6) Pay by income withholding. You, the court, the payee or the FOCAS Program may notify your employer to withhold support from your wages. If you pay by income withholding, you must pay your support yourself until your employer begins to withhold. If your employer is unable to withhold the full amount, you must pay the difference yourself to the SDU.
Yes, Reporting is a condition of your community supervision. If you fail to report it is a violation of your community supervision.
Contact your assigned Officer to discuss how to pay your attorney's fees.
Report the changes to your assigned officer immediately. You also need to report the changes to the Office of the Attorney General at 800-252-8014 and to the other parent.
Contact the Harris County District Clerk's Office at 713-755-5758.
No. You will not be seen if you bring your children.